Are you losing talent because it takes your organization too long to make a hire?
If your company is finding it extremely difficult to hire in today’s employment climate, you are definitely not alone.
Those companies that hire mainly young adults ages 18 to 34 (also known as Millennials) are having a particularly difficult time staffing. This is mainly because of the 73 million Millennials that are in the workforce, only 3.8% of them are unemployed.
When you consider that according to www.Indeed.com there are over 800,000 retail jobs currently available in the U.S., this group of people can literally choose where they want to work.
Another factor is technology. Finding and applying for work is faster and easier than ever before. In fact, most applicants report applying to 4 or 5 positions during a single online session. If your hiring process is too lengthy, most likely you are losing quality applicants to competitors who have invested in a more streamlined process.
Consider these Insider Secrets to speeding up your hiring process:
- Make it easy to apply. The days of paper job applications are over. Make sure job seekers can apply to your open positions online.
- Make it mobile-friendly. Here at Hire Well Now, more than 68% of job seekers we work with apply from a mobile device. If your online application process is not mobile optimized, that is a huge problem!
- Recruiting is a contact sport. Call your top applicants first! In recruiting, the sooner you make contact with your applicant, the better chance you have to determine the talent level and get them into your hiring process. Do not rely on your email auto-responders to get the job done.
- If they don’t answer their phone, text your candidates. Ready for this? According to TextMagic, 75% of Millennials would rather text than talk on the phone, and 60% prefer communicating with companies via text messaging. Point made!
- Mandate recruiter activity. Our recruiters have daily KPI’s to hit for our clients. Do yours? The only way to move applicants through the hiring process efficiently and quickly is to ensure your recruiting and hiring staff searches, screens, and interviews several applicants per day to find the very best talent for the open positions in your company.
- Manage time to hire. According to workable.com, on average a retailer takes 24.6 days to make a hire. We think that is 7 days too long. Applicants in a hiring stage for more than 48 hours have a 55% chance of bailing out because another offer came their way. Figure out where the bottlenecks are in your hiring process and reduce your time to hire.
- Seek help from people who are laser-focused on Hiring Faster and Retaining Longer. I may know of a company that can help you!
Hire Well Now helps retailers throughout the United States recruit and retain the best talent through a powerful combination of advanced technology and dedicated Recruitment and Retention Specialists.
If you’re ready to take your hiring and retention game to the next level, contact us today!